NAHJ Bay Area and San Francisco Chronicle Internship Program
The National Association of Hispanic Journalists (NAHJ) Bay Area Chapter in collaboration with the San Francisco Chronicle will offer a paid 12-week Spring Internship Program for an NAHJ Bay Area student member to report on one of its news teams (metro/sports, interactive or photo). Placement might be based on the teams need. The stipend will be a total of $2,000.
The ideal candidate will be an excellent writer, reporter and have acumen for news judgment. Experience with a campus or other professional publications a plus; the intern should know AP Style and be adept at using social media. Just as importantly, the intern would be energetic, fun and a creative self-starter.
- To qualify, the candidate must be a Junior or Senior enrolled in a regional Bay Area accredited university.
- The student must have declared a major in journalism and/or communications.
- The student must be a due-paying member of NAHJ.
More about the SF Chronicle teams
- Metro and sports: The intern would not only chase breaking news, but generate their own story ideas.
- Photography intern: The intern must be able to shoot photo assignments, videos and create print and digital packages. We’re looking for people who have experience as a photographer at a campus newspaper, website or other related work. Candidates must also have strong writing skills for caption writing and stories.
- Please submit an application, resume, cover letter and at least five work samples or a link to your portfolio by Dec. 2, 2015, here: https://boards.greenhouse.io/thesanfranciscochronicle/jobs/126407
- Neither the NAHJ Bay Area chapter nor the SF Chronicle offer housing or relocation stipends, but will assist in finding housing.
The NAHJ Bay Area Chapter is the local affiliate chapter of the national organization by the same name. The mission of NAHJ is to increase the number of Latino reporters in newsroom and to advocate for an accurate depiction of Latinos in news media.
The Chronicle and SFChronicle.com is world-class journalism, San Francisco style. With name-brand voices and a keen editorial eye, The Chronicle is an authority that still surprises. It’s not afraid of being controversial or of doing things that haven’t been done. It’s bolder, brighter and fearless. It’s news that is delivered to the discerning reader through multiple platforms.
SFGate provides a 360-degree view of San Francisco, wildly reflective of right now. Provocative, energetic and unapologetic, the Gate is in constant conversation with the world’s most eclectic city. It is the digital thermometer that gauges the temperature of San Francisco’s moods, trends and interests — and shares them with the world.
Have questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org